Do you live in Whyalla, Port Augusta or Port Pirie?
Are you friendly, enthusiastic and flexible?
Do you want to give back to the community?
Are you a teaching, nursing or social work student?
Community Support Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation providing quality in-home and community-based support services since 1991 across South Australia.
Our services are designed to promote autonomy, independence and choice for clients and to meet the individual personal preferences and specific support requirements of each client.
We are passionate about connecting with support workers that meet client requirements for experience and professional support. We encourage teaching, nursing and social work students to apply for these roles.
Ideally, applicants will have hands on experience and be willing to provide a wide range of in-home supports, including assisting customers with personal care needs, domestic activities, meal preparation and social support.
Some shifts may also require assisting clients with complex personal needs (bowel care, seizure or medication management) as well as using lifters and providing transportation services.
Applicants need to have a strong desire to have a positive effect on people with disabilities, mental health and the aged.
- Personal qualities of resilience, self-confidence and empathy.
- Strong understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Good mobile phone and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with diverse needs
- Demonstrated experience supporting people with disabilities, the aged and mental health
- Embrace commitment to quality customer service principles
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent (Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health)
- Current DCSI Child-Related Clearance / Disability Employment Services Clearance
- Current valid Police Check (willing to obtain one prior to employment)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Unrestricted Driver’s Licence and roadworthy vehicle
- Ability to be flexible and work over weekends and work short shifts
- Ability to work independently and provide person-centred support to all clients
What we offer:
- Above award wages
- Salary Packaging options
- Excellent paid training and development opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Access to Employee Access Program
If you feel you have the skills, a positive attitude and drive to provide exceptional services to clients, then an engaging and rewarding career is waiting for you at Community Support Incorporated.
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application and state which area you live in ie. Whyalla, Port Pirie or Port Augusta. Please contact Eunice on 0456 555 705 if you have any questions.
For more information about Community Support Inc. and the services we provide, visit our website at www.csisa.org.au.